Friday, October 18, 2019

Jesus is the way to the Father



14 “Do not be troubled in your heart; have faith in God, have faith also in me. 2 There are many places of residence in my Father's house; if I had not, I would have told you. I'm going to prepare a place for you. 3 And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto me, that where I am you may be also. 4 You know, of course, and where I am going and the road that leads there. "
5 "Lord," says Thomas, "we do not know where you are going; how then can we know the road that leads there?" 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to Father only if he passes by me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. But even now you know him and have seen him. "
8 "Lord," says Philip, "show us the Father, and that is enough for us." 9 Jesus says to him, "How long have I been with you, Philip, and have you not known me? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say "show us the Father"? 10 Do you not believe that I am inseparable from the Father, and the Father from me? The words that I say unto you I speak not by myself; and the Father, which is one with me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am inseparable from the Father, and the Father from me; if again you do not believe in my word, believe on account of the works themselves.
12 "I assure you that he who believes in me will do the same works that I do, and even greater than they do, because I go near the Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the glory of the Father may be manifested through the Son. 14 If you ask anything in my name, I will do it. "
Jesus promises to send the Spirit
15 “If you love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father to give you another Deliverer, the Spirit of Truth, so that he may be with you forever. 17 This Spirit cannot be accepted by the world, for it neither discerns nor knows it; you know it, because it abides with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphaned; I will come back to you. 19 In a little while the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me, because I continue to live; so will you. 20 When that day comes, you will know that I am inseparable from the Father, and you from me, and I from you. 21 He that keepeth my commandments, and keepeth them, he loveth me; and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and manifest unto myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment